With its wide avenues, imposing public buildings, its own subway system and direct access to rail and highway transportation, Newark was once New Jersey's grand city. Hartz is proud to be part of the process of its rejuvenation. We own over 1.4 million square feet in three major Newark buildings, with plans to develop an additional 300,000 square foot Class A office building adjacent to 2 & 3 Penn Plaza East.
The Hartz properties in Newark offer:
- Easy and quick access to Manhattan (12 minutes to Penn Station)
- Round-the-clock security desk monitoring at each property
- Urban Enterprise Zone advantages (tax incentives and exemptions)
- Close proximity to business services, hotels, retail shops and restaurants
- Convenient access to six colleges that provide for a skilled work force, educational activities, cultural events, conference facilities and business services
153 Halsey Street
Voted "one of Newark's most outstanding commercial buildings," 153 Halsey Street building towers 15 stories and encompasses 535,000 feet. This fully modernized, landmark building can meet the needs of the most demanding electronic computer operations, with its advanced fiber optic capabilities and its state-of-the-art electrical systems.
2 Penn Plaza East
For the most outstanding view of Manhattan, try the majestic complex at 2 Penn Plaza East, consisting of 100,000 square feet on the upper three floors. This vibrant property provides excellent exposure from the elevator lobby, and offers all of the amenities you would expect from this state-of-the-art office building.
707 Broad Street
Located in the heart of the business district, 707 Broad Street is a classically styled, 519,600 square foot, 10-story office building. Like 153 Halsey Street, this building offers the most advanced technology and electrical support for any business.